Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thursday Thoughts - Seasonally Confused

This thought has really been going through my head a lot for the past few weeks.  Because when I think about it, sometimes I feel like I am truly Seasonally Confused.  I have been contemplating whether I should write about this or not, and after a hilarious group text discussion with my friends from high school about when one should start with all the Christmas (after Halloween or after Thanksgiving?) I knew that was a sign that I needed to write today's "Thursday Thoughts" series on this.

Me on Sunday 11/1/2020

So, this is obviously a selfie of me.   I took this selfie on Sunday with my Sunday outfit on.  A new dress that I bought on clearance...that had no sleeves with a 3/4 sleeve cover up.  And that is where part of my confusion about seasons begins.  Because while everyone is saying we have "sweater weather" I am still going to work in short sleeved shirts (and feeling fine!).  When I preached, I routinely wore dressy tank tops or sleeveless dresses no matter what the weather was outside because I always got so warm!  Even at church now, on the 2 days I stood in front of people singing I wore a sleeveless dress with a light coverup because it was cold outside but I knew at some point I might start to overheat.  I have always been like this.

I am still wearing my "summer shoes" to work, church, and other places.  They are so comfortable and are good "no sock shoes" but are still acceptable for work because my toes are not exposed.  Only one really cold day did I wear my warmer shoes with socks to work.  A few times I have worn sneakers on a weekend with short socks.   Even though it is November, I refuse to stop wearing these comfortable shoes because my feet are still fine.

And don't get me started on music.  I listen to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra year-round.  Yes, they have a few albums that are not Christmas-based, but that is the type of music they are known for.  So, it is not out of character to hear me listening to Christmas Canon or Wizards of Winter or Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 at any point in the year, even in August!  Currently in my car I am doing a regular rotation of organ versions of songs heard around Holy Week like Faure's The Palms, All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name (Diadem version!), and Christ the Lord is Risen today.  I also recently added Advent and Christmas music including O Come All Ye Faithful and Angels We Have Heard on High.

So I have learned that I am Seasonally Confused.  And that is just a part of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment