Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - Size Amazements

A few years ago I had the opportunity to go back to my old elementary school to do a reading day with my niece.  While I waited along with the other family members who were going to read with their young people, I was looking at the stairs to go to the second floor of the building.  They seemed like short stairs, ones I could definitely take 2 at a time and possibly even 3 at a time.

When I come home from my (almost weekly) sunset viewing, sometimes I take a longer way home.  This way takes me by the space my former Girl Scout day camp, Camp Foster, used to be at.

Camp Foster as it is today (5/29/2022)


The picture I share is the lake we used to swim in until it was deemed no longer safe due to something in the water.

But what amazes me is that I drive by the space and I still see some of the structures up that were there before.  They may have been renovated or refitted.  But I look at the space and feel like the camp is much smaller than it was when I was a camper and a counselor there.

I see where the lake is and remember approximately where two sites were in relation to the lake.  And I feel like either the space shrunk or maybe it just seemed a bit bigger when I was much younger.

I would love to be able to get in there and walk the grounds once again.  But I haven't quite figured out how to go about doing that.

So I continue to just drive by, take pictures every once and awhile, and look at the space wondering if I really was so unaware of the space while I spent many years there.  Or if it just looks different with all the trees cut down and the area more like an open park than a camp site.


No comments:

Post a Comment