Pages

Monday, July 31, 2023

Monday Musing - Struggling with the "No"

About a month ago I said while sharing a post from The Single Woman that I had prayed to accept God's answer of "No" when it came to finding someone to love.

And I have been trying to accept it.

A view from Long Dock Park 7/30/2023

But when you pass a view like this a couple things become very hard.  First, it is hard to not stop and admire it and take a photo of it. Second, it is hard to stand there and not just want to share the view with someone but share it while holding someone's hand and just taking it in. Or if you are lucky to find a view with a good fallen tree or rock to sit on, to sit there with someone.

So instead I stand there in the view, and I feel the breeze, and drink some water, and I take the photo and continue on my walk. Or jog. Because yes, I did jog a bit yesterday too.

And I struggle because I thought I was working towards accepting "No." But it seems I am fighting that answer.

I don't like fighting God on things because I know I will never win. This is a tough one though. But I'm guessing since I'll be 47 in 4 weeks it is probably about time I face this fact.

It doesn't mean though I can't write about the struggle though!

No comments:

Post a Comment