Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Something I can get behind...

So, I was accepted to be part of an online launch group for Candace Cameron Bure's next book, Dancing Through Life.  (See image below.)


When all is said and done, I think we're supposed to be like 400-strong (out of probably thousands who expressed interest) posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media outlets about what we have been able to read of the book.

I've been a fan of Candace's since her Full House days.  That eventually switched to being a fan of her Hallmark Christmas movies.  And then of her books.  And now just as someone I can look up to.  It sounds kind of strange typing that as we were both born in the same year.  But sometimes I think "looking up to" someone does not necessarily have to be someone who is older than you.  Instead it is seeing someone who has a large following, someone who is in the public eye more than I, who holds a lot of the same beliefs as I do and being able to stick to those beliefs in whatever she does.

So, I've been able to read the first chapter of her book - I pretty much got through it in 5 minutes.  It was that good.  It made me wonder why I can't read any of my other "for fun" books like that or my text books like that.  She has a great way of combining her entertainment experiences with her faith.  And for me, that pulls me in.  It won't pull everyone one in, and that's okay. 

Anyway, while I am on this break between classes, I'm glad I'm having the opportunity to promote her book.  It comes out August 1st if you're interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment