Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

It Wasn't Just Broncos vs. Panthers at the Superbowl #MaristSM16

In our class we are broken up into smaller groups, which aids immensely in the whole discussion process.  Imagine having to thoroughly read through over 20 posts and then decide which ones to respond to, and read all the responses.  Sometimes it can get overwhelming.  One of my classmates in another group posted a blog with questions focused around the Superbowl, which makes sense since it just happened on Sunday and the Superbowl is pretty much one of the largest marketing events in a year.  If you're interested, her post is here:

Sandy Wisor's Blog Post

We are not required to respond to other team's blog questions, but can if we choose to.  I will be honest, I did not watch much of the Superbowl at all.  I did, however, watch the movie trailers that aired during the Superbowl because pretty much if there's an ad I want to see during the Superbowl, it's a movie trailer.  (No, I'm not being sarcastic.  I am being very serious.)

So today in my email I received a link to an article on a site called Cinema Blend which was called "The 5 Most Effective Superbowl Movie Ads According to Social Media"

Cinema Blend Article

The top movie ad was for Captain America: Civil War and I am honestly not surprised.  I have Twitter notifications set up for both Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) and Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America).  As soon as the movie ad aired, Chris Evans  link to the add and an interactive button that said "Tweet #TeamCap."  Robert Downey Jr. attempted to draw people to "#TeamIronMan" by saying they had snacks.

I chose #TeamCap and when I pressed the interactive button, I was able to tweet this:



My own version of the Captain America ad, listing the Avengers who are on Cap's side.  What a great way to incorporate social media!

I know other movies who had Superbowl ads made sure to post links on their own social media feeds, but I think this was a great way to incorporate the fans and have them "pick sides" too.  What made it even better is that two of the movie's stars took to social media and became part of the marketing effort too.

The Superbowl was not just Broncos vs. Panthers.  It was also #TeamCap vs. #TeamIronMan.

No comments:

Post a Comment