Pages

Monday, March 15, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - Pandemic 1 Year Later

I'm bringing back a favorite picture....

First Worship Service at PUMC! (3/15/2020)

So here we are, one year later.  A year after we were officially in a pandemic.  A year after churches couldn't worship in person.  A year after we were supposed to be merged and attending our first in-person service at PUMC.

But the merger service didn't happen.

We had already had our last worship service.

So we were slightly adrift.

Even though the merger was still in process, I think most of us did what I did...attended online service via YouTube at PUMC.  And remained doing that (until Zoom became part of the mix and some of us probably switched it up) until mid-July, 4 months later, when things became more official.

So much has changed in the last year.

I have made new friends.  I am doing familiar yet new things.  I have gotten and continue to be involved as best as we can in these times.  I thought I would be alone, but I am not.  I thought I would be forgotten about, but I am not.

Things have changed in the world itself too and I have come to appreciate doing things like walking outside more. 

It was not the year I expected, nor was it the year anyone else expected.  It was the year we were given though, and we just had to make the best of it.  Which I think we have.  And I continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment