Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Sunsets

So, I've been sharing a lot of pictures lately of the sun setting.

Near the border of NY & PA - A long time ago

Seeing or watching the sun set brings about various emotions but also helps in bringing about some peace to my day.

There is no denying one of the emotions that I have is one of thankfulness that I am able to find places to see the sun set and also the ability to take pictures so I can always reflect on the beauty of this from God.  

Another emotion is this strange sadness because I often see these sunsets alone, and I just really want to share them with someone else.

But what fills me the most is just that sense of peace.  That becomes related to the thankfulness.  I am able to just get out of my head for awhile when I watch the sun set, no matter where I am.  I've seen them at Marist's campus.  I've watched it while riding the train.  Last week I braved the VERY COLD to head down to the Beacon train station because you can get close to the water and see the sun set.  The picture I shared above was when I would drive out to the border of New York and Pennsylvania - just about at the top of a mountain, where you overlook a valley and the sun sets behind another mountain.   I may have to go back there this weekend.

In this time when people are stressed, worried, and whatever other feelings they may be having, isn't it nice having something you can watch and just get away from everything else, even if it is just for a few minutes?  I think so at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment