Pages

Monday, April 26, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - 1st Experience in Months

I had I very different experience at church yesterday.  For the first time since February 7th, I got to sit and enjoy worship as a congregant.

My sister and I before worship 4/25/2021

It's kind of funny the cycles one goes through.  I went from doing SO MUCH at Wappingers.  Then the pandemic hit right before we were to merge and I went from doing SO MUCH to nothing at all.  For months!  First watching virtual services week after week.  Then attending church in person but not doing anything aside from attending.  To being asked to participate in Laity Sunday.  Then starting to be part of the rotating worship team.  Learning tech.  Preaching.  Training others on tech.  Before I knew it...there was something for me to do in church every Sunday since the start of February.  That's a lot!

So yesterday was the first worship service where I got to sit in my spare chair (that lives in my car so Sparkle doesn't eat it!) with my sister and enjoy worship.  Even when it started to rain, I enjoyed worship.  It was good that it was a bit on the rainy side because I didn't feel like I was blocking anyone when I stood up and started moving around to the music.  It felt great to worship with others along the row of people there.  It was what I needed, I guess.  To get into a different routine - being in church every week, but sometimes as a singer, sometimes as a tech person, and the rest of the time as a congregant.  But always enjoying the music...and the preaching...and the lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment