Pages

Monday, April 19, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - Revisiting "Outside Looking In"

Almost a year ago I wrote a blog entry for this series with the subtitle, "Outside Looking In."  It briefly talked about how, though I was becoming familiar with names online and shared videos, I would hopefully soon be in my place of vulnerability, an introvert having to become part of a family once again.

Sun Through the Window - 4/18/2021


It can be quite the struggle for someone who is normally very shy, reserved, and quiet to become part of a larger unit that is already familiar with each other.  I've talked about this before.  And how I wound up inserting myself into situations and groups and becoming very familiar with people and getting to know my church family even more than I did before.

But what is interesting is that, coming up, is almost a similar "Outside Looking In" situation.

We will be resuming in-person worship service again - first with a couple outdoor services.  Which is awesome!  But, here's the thing.  I've been helping out in services in some way since the first Sunday in February.  This also includes Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday.  And though I am definitely comfortable with that, we will be having service together with people I haven't met before because maybe they didn't come out before...and having service with people we haven't seen since the last in-person service towards the end of 2020.  A place of vulnerability for me once again.  But one I welcome and look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment