Pages

Friday, October 8, 2021

Delayed Thursday Thoughts - Clarity

I was kinda busy yesterday, so I didn't get my usual blog up.  Ah well!  And now I write my delayed Thursday Thoughts.

I posted a picture on Facebook yesterday as the fog started to clear along my way on the train to New York City, talking a bit about clarity.  I didn't want to write a whole lot on the picture because usually if there is a long story, sometimes people just tune out and I figured my blog would be a great place to address it.

A brief moment of clarity at church before heading into a meeting (10/6/2021)

I have been seeking, through prayer, clarity (and patience) for many months now.  The prayer, for me, has been about a very specific personal thing.  Some people may guess what it is related to.  Others, maybe not.  But, this for me is still a prayer that I am praying because I am still seeking both clarity and patience on this particular personal thing.

But what I did find, was that while seeking clarity and patience on the personal thing, I found clarity (not really needing patience) on some other things.  Which, okay, I would have preferred the clarity on the personal thing going on.  BUT I do also know that God moves the way God is supposed to move and at least as I was praying for clarity on one thing, I received clarity in another way.

Where is my clarity?

Well, if you read one of the captions to one of the photos I posted yesterday, you will remember that the clarity was related to church stuff.  And I just wanted to speak a bit more on that.

What God has made clear for me is that I am no longer in a small church where there wasn't a whole lot going on anymore.  Okay, maybe that part didn't need to be clarified for me!  While I was in my small church, I got very involved in our district work and our conference work.  And that is all good stuff to do.  Except now I am part of a very active church with all sorts of stuff going on, and because of all my other responsibilities I am losing the ability to participate in my local church as much as I would like.  God has made it clear that I need to re-evaluate the work I am doing within the district and the conference, and figure out what needs to be taken out of my hands and put in someone else's hands so that I can refocus my efforts locally.

I have some sense of what I need to do, which is good.  Some of that has been made pretty clear to me.  But I am still trying to make some decisions as well.

And who knows, maybe when I get through all this clarity that God is providing, maybe my personal clarity will be revealed!  One can only hope.  Or at least I can only hope!  

So I continue to pray for clarity (and patience).  In all things, both related to church and related to my personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment