Pages

Monday, October 4, 2021

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - Doing Things Alone ( = Stress)

I'm going to start this blog off by saying how I have talked several times about how it's great to be part of a group of people who do things.  There is more than one person in church who can take care of services while the pastor is away.  There is more than one person who is part of the technical team.  There is more than one person who can lead things.  And I am beyond grateful for that.

But sometimes, every great once and awhile, there is a time when one is alone.  That was me yesterday for an afternoon service.  Where I ran two computers and a sound board (Note: only viewed the sound board, never was really trained on it).....without coffee for 2 days.

Can you say STRESS?

Yes, I can.

Once things got going, I felt a bit better.

By the time it was all over, I wanted to just sit on the floor.  But anywhere in the sanctuary didn't seem appropriate so I went to my next favorite place, the choir room.  Why the floor?  Because I could stretch my legs out in front of me which, sometimes, is the most comfortable position for me when I'm over tired, stressed, or just have leg fatigue.

What was the next thing to do after that?

My reward...or my need?

COFFEE!!!!!!

Yes, I had my coffee.

I have been trying to avoid coffee on the weekends so I have a good day Sunday singing.  And after church there is usually a stop for coffee somewhere.  But this week I didn't stop until after the 2nd service.

I rely entirely too much on caffeine and especially coffee.  Every time I break away from it, I have disastrous results.  But, I think on days like I had yesterday, it might be a necessary evil to prevent all the other stress and things that come associated with stress.

Yes, I did make it through doing something on my own.  And I'm sure at some point I will have to do that again.  But, here's hoping not for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment