Pages

Monday, December 20, 2021

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - Coming Home

I've often talked about the feeling of home and being where I belong at church, which, even almost 2 years later still feels a bit new from time to time.

But, after being away for two Thursday rehearsals and a Sunday service, I was ready to be back among everyone.  My first opportunity was Saturday for a special Comfort and Joy service.

Altar before all the candles were put out

This service has been called in the past and in other places "Blue Christmas" - a service to help others who are struggling to find hope and joy during the season.  I was asked to be part of the prayer team who would be available...but in reality it was a service that helped me find the hope and joy that I discovered I had missed because of everything that had gone on in my life personally.

Anyway, I was very apprehensive about returning.  But as soon as I walked into the room where everyone was, the first words I heard were "Welcome Home!"

And boy did I feel like I was home!

This particular service was a nice way to get back into the swing of things.  Especially with Christmas and being part of multiple services coming up very quickly.

And when I came back on Sunday, I still felt like I was coming home and seeing people who, truthfully, I had only not seen for about 10 days or so...but it felt like much longer!

So I returned home...to the familiarity....and it felt great!

Sorry for the short entry this week.  I'm also readjusting to returning to regular life outside of my house and some things are still very crazy.  But it will all work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment