Pages

Monday, July 4, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - I found the Silverware!

For those of you who have been following my blog for the last couple years or if you read my first version of my compilation of my Merging blog entries, you may remember one of the first things I wrote about was silverware.  If you are curious, it can be found here. Knowing where all the silverware went after drying them or where they could be found if they were needed was one of the first things I learned in the kitchen at Wappingers.  It came so naturally to pull those drawers open and find what I knew would be there.

Well, I finally found the silverware in the kitchen at PUMC.

Communion Prep in the Refrigerator at PUMC

It all started when I was asked to help set up Communion for Sunday (7/3/22).  Which, having done it so many times before at Wappingers seemed not too difficult a task.  It turned out to be a bit of an adventure, but it all worked out in the end.

But in the midst of all this, I needed to find a knife to cut bread.  Which required opening practically every drawer in the kitchen.  And while I did find a knife to cut the bread I also found the silverware.  Which seemed to come at a point where I felt like it was almost full circle.  It's almost two years since the merger became official.  Today is one year since I planned and preached my first full service at PUMC.  And I now know the drawers that contain the forks, spoons, and knives for a regular meal or for regular use.

I've been shown a variety of places where things are hidden.  Where the oil is kept for the candles.  Where the items are for Communion.  Where they keep the candle lighter.  Where the music is organized.  I just never had the occasion to spend much time doing work in the kitchen which would have led to finding the silverware sooner.

But now I have.  And I wonder what I will find next.

No comments:

Post a Comment