Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday Thoughts - I miss these naps

I used to have a magical power.  I was able to get Anastasia to sleep.  Or at least take naps.

Nap Time could be anywhere (Dec. 2016)


Weekends were made for naps.  When I would take care of Anastasia, and even sometimes when I wasn't, I was somehow able to convince her that it was time for a nap.  At home, we would sit together on the couch or she would lay on the couch.  And then I would tell her to close her eyes and I would close my eyes, and eventually we would both nap.  Her nap was usually much longer than mine.  But, there was always something very invigorating about even my short 10-20 minute nap while she took an hour (or longer) nap.

Eventually I was able to get her to nap in places that were not at home.  Like the picture above.  Or at church.  Or while walking around with her.  Home was always easier.  But, I did enjoy the times like the picture where we were somewhere else and she just went to sleep.

These are the naps that I miss though.

Now when I nap, it is like an hour or longer and I feel like I wasted part of my day.  Sometimes they are necessary naps, like when I have a migraine.  But since I usually only nap on the weekends, and my weekends are the time when I can relax and do fun things like knitting, crocheting, or reading.  So it is an hour less of doing that.

The naps I had with Anastasia were by far shorter.  They did what the long naps did...only with less time.  So I miss those naps.  And I miss the naps when Anastasia was small and was able to fit on my lap for a nap.  I miss being able to get her to nap too.


No comments:

Post a Comment