Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Appreciating Views Even When Cold

It seems I have found a new appreciation for the views that I have known for so long, even now when it is quite cold outside sometimes.

View from The Hancock Center 2/17/2021

Like this view from the main floor of the Hancock Center at Marist that I took yesterday during one of my trips there.  It is not a new view.  Maybe it looks a bit different because of the clouds, and any time there are clouds they are never the same twice.  But it is definitely a view I have gone by many times before once the building was about 10 years ago.  

But I think part of the reason is because last year I was away from campus for so long and when I was on campus, my goal was to take care of what I needed to and get back home, since being on campus was very restricted.  So I didn't really take the time to appreciate the views.

Campus has been so quiet during the extended winter break and it just seemed like the time to take in the views I could when I could.  I find myself on days when the sun has been shining driving down to the river to get pictures of the water and the sun setting.  Actually, most days I drive down there just saying to myself, "I'm just going to sit for a minute or two and look at the river." And then I wind up taking pictures because it just calls for me to savor the moment.

And yes, appreciating these views would be a lot easier if it wasn't so cold outside.  But then I wouldn't get the ice!  It is important to appreciate the views in all sorts of weather.  I am so blessed to be able to see these views because most others I know only get to experience them through my photos.

I am glad for this new appreciation for the views I have come to know so well.  And I hope as things get better, like warmer weather, more sun, less snow, and even being able to have more people on campus, that I continue to appreciate the views.

No comments:

Post a Comment