Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Inspiration

Do you ever go back through old things to get inspiration for something new?

My Camera folder on my phone's SD card has over 9,000 images (and almost 400 videos).  So as I was seeking inspiration for this blog entry and a matching picture (because I get more views when I include a picture on the blog entry) I just kind of took my finger and sent my Camera folder flying by all the recent pictures into older pictures from like 5 years ago.

I found a TON of old church pictures that I wished I had thought to hunt down because they would have been great for the photo presentation.  (I've been considering updating it anyway so maybe I'll include some of the re-discovered photos.)  They brought back memories and potential inspiration for the continuing Merging is a New Journey series.

T-Shirt Design by Felicia Day


I also found that over the past several years, there are many things in common with my photos.  I like to take pictures of sunsets (and sunrises if I'm awake) and other pretty sky pictures.  And campus pictures!  I take a lot of "us-ies" with Anastasia.  As I said, I had a ton of church pictures.  I take lots of photos at things I attend, like concerts and NYCC.  I keep track of before/after photos of my hair when it would get cut.  I take photos of things that remind me of something else and inspirational phrases or sayings.  And more recently, I have been taking pictures of myself to share - which I never did before unless someone else was in the picture.

Any one of these photos could inspire a blog entry.  So it just makes me think of how blessed I am to have so much inspiration all around me that I can experience in the moment or reflect on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment