Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Sparkle Has No Chill

For several months during the start of the pandemic, I worked from home.  There were certainly difficulties, like trying to do all my work with just my laptop and no other screens from my room that got warm quickly.  They were stressful times.  But there were some blessings.  First, I had a window while I worked for the first time in...well...pretty much forever.  Second, I had Sparkle right there with me all day.

Now, when I was working from home during this time, Sparkle was pretty good.  We got into a routine of us getting up, me making coffee and having breakfast and her going outside.  Then we'd settle down in my room, her for a nap and me for working.  Until lunchtime, when I'd have lunch and she would go outside.  Then we'd settle back down, her for a nap and me for more work.  At the end of the day, she'd let me know when it was time to stop working and that would be the end of the day.

What's Next?

However, it did not take long for her to get out of this habit of our routine where she settles down and naps.  Just ask me on a day off where I have grand plans to sit and read, or crochet, or play games, or work on writing something on my laptop.  Sparkle?  Well, she has other plans.  To step in my lap looking for more treats.  Looking out the window, then moving to a toy, then looking out the window, then wanting to go out then wanting to come in to get more treats to look out the window to settle down for 5 minutes to want to go out again.  My weekends are like this.  As are days during the week when I am off for a holiday or because I take the time off.

Sparkle has no chill.

And it gets even better when she spots something in the back yard.  Or in our neighbor's yard as it comes to our yard.  Lately it has been the groundhogs.  But sometimes it's a huge bird.  Or too many squirrels.  Or a turkey.  Or a bunny.

All my plans for sitting and doing one activity for any length of time just go out the window, much like Sparkle seems to want to do when the wrong animals are in the back yard.

Sparkle has no chill.

Apparently she sleeps a lot during the day.  When I'm not home.  But all bets are off when I come home.  Or I am home.

I love Sparkle very much.  But she is not like any other dog we have had.  Maybe some day she will have some chill.  But not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment