Pages

Monday, June 28, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - Calming View

Sometimes the more involved you get, the more overwhelmed you may feel.  One thing I thought would never happen was a week where a spent more days at church than I did in other places aside from my house.  Not because of the pandemic but because I figured I would be resting for longer than I did.  A couple weeks ago I was at church on Sunday for worship, Tuesday for a group study, Wednesday for a meeting, and Thursday for choir.  That's 4 out of 7 days.  Crazy, right?

Sky view at PUMC 6/2021


One of those days during that week, I left and took this photo.  What I am calling the calming view.

I have learned over the past several months or so that God keeps blessing us with amazing sky views.  Sometimes it is blue sky with the perfect puffy cloud.  Sometimes it is stormy clouds that just look really cool.  Sometimes it is a picture-perfect sunset.  Always a calming view.

But I have grown to love the views of the sky from my church home.  Like the one I shared above.

Wappingers had a lovely building.  And if you were looking out the window at just the right time, you'd catch a beautiful sunset.  But, for most of the time, I never took the time to appreciate the view from that area.

I'm learning I need to take in the view more.  And let it have the calming effect that God wants it to have for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment