Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - Lunch with Anastasia

A little known fact...

When Anastasia is prepping for a colonoscopy, we have lunch together.

This started a few years ago and the tradition seems to have stuck.  And we find ways to make it work, even if we can't do it in person.

A few times Anastasia (and my sister) have come to work and we've had time in the coffee shop or a classroom together.  But, with the pandemic we switched to meeting through technology.  So, very grateful for that!

To be honest, I had completely forgot about this now tradition and figured Anastasia was older now and probably didn't want to do it.  Until she approached me last night.

"Aunt Jenn?"
"Yes?"
"Tomorrow is my prep day."
"Yes, I know."
"I can't come to your work for lunch."

And then I realized...this isn't something she is willing to let go.

So a Zoom meeting was set up and I will have lunch using technology with Anastasia (and Jessica).

Our first selfie in 2022 (2/14/22)

I'm glad we are keeping this tradition alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment