Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - A Profound Appreciation

I love my church.  The building is great.  I love the windows.  There is a huge sense of peace when I am there.

But sometimes, I get to appreciate other places.

West Point Cadet Chapel 3/20/2022

I had the opportunity on Sunday to visit West Point Cadet Chapel for an organ recital.  And while I was really, really excited about the organ (one of the largest in the world!) and the organist, I was immediately struck by the beauty of the building.

When I think of the word "chapel" I immediately think of something rather small and not overwhelming.  Or a small area of a larger church building.  But this chapel reminds me of a cathedral!  Because of the size and the beauty of it.

The stained glass windows were amazing!  I wish I was able to spend more time looking at them. But maybe next time I go I will get there even earlier so I have the time to do that.  The detail was just so intricate.  

Though it is not a place where I would regularly worship or even attend, I had a profound appreciation for all the work that went into that space, from the windows to the organ, to the very foundation.

I love my own church.  But I truly appreciate other places of worship for what they offer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment