Pages

Monday, May 16, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - Taking Time for Discipleship

To regular readers of my blog, yes I missed my Thursday Thought.  It was one crazy day at work that started at 4:30am and it just kept going until I left.  So I'm sorry.

But today I'm talking about Discipleship.

Starting at Lent our church started a focus on Discipleship.  There are opportunities on Sunday mornings, Monday mornings, Thursday mornings, and Saturday mornings.  For someone who works, weekday mornings are difficult.  And on Sundays, I wind up focusing on music so I'm not able to do the Sunday morning stuff.

But, every once and awhile when I can figure it out, I can do the Saturday opportunity, which is a Saturday Spiritual Stroll.

Me on this weekend's Spiritual Stroll (5/14/22)

Every week is a different place in the area.  This past Saturday we went to my favorite walking space, Locust Grove.  And while we didn't walk all the trails due to time (plus the trails don't open until 10am and that meant we pushed our start time back an hour and a half) it was still a nice day to walk around the gardens and the outside of the Morse house and talk about how it was with our soul and some of the things going on in Methodism.

Since I have a few other things I need to get done on Saturdays, it is hard for me to go every week.  But the time that I do spend with others strolling in this way has really been invigorating to me.  And the days that I am not able to go, I try to get out somewhere to contemplate things on my own.  It isn't the same, but I find that it is a time that I do get closer to God even though I am by myself.

The walks are never too strenuous and we kind of go at the pace that everyone can handle.  So it is for everyone!  And it is such a great group of people who gets together each week.

If you are interested and you're not sure how to find out more information, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

I am kind of sad because I will be missing the next stroll because I'm working Commencement.  The following week, since it is Memorial Day weekend, we have an opportunity to stroll on our own.  I can't do Saturday early because I will be celebrating my postponed Commencement.  But I might take a stroll Saturday evening.  Or even Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment