Pages

Monday, May 2, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - Organizing

I kind of fell into a habit after church one day.  There was a whole bunch of music sitting around.  And I started to sort through it.  Then I was sorting through a lot of music and filing music.  And then I fell into being the choir librarian.

Well, choir has been singing along with the more contemporary music, which has resulted in either copying or printing music from other books that we have access to.  We call them the MORE books.  

Sometimes I Tally Things

Well, I took some time and tallied up the number of each type of MORE book, so that maybe those of us who have been printing or copying things didn't have to do as much.  So now I'm keeping track of that music.

It's not a bad thing.  It is just interesting that I fell into organizing.  And doing more with music stuff behind the scenes.  Like it was the most comfortable thing in the world.  It was just something that I thought should be done, and I went and did it.

I'm not sharing this to talk about something else I am doing at church.  But rather to talk about how it felt comfortable and right to do what I did.  I didn't ask permission.  I just thought it would make sense to do that, and I did it.

I was part of a conversation after church where this feeling of being comfortable around people in the church was discussed.  And while I've always been part of a welcoming church environment for the most part, it was usually me who was welcoming someone else.  And coming to PUMC, I was the one who received the welcome first.  Before I got to welcome others.

Things sometimes come full circle, and then circle around again.  And that can be a good thing.  At least in this example.

No comments:

Post a Comment