Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It did or it didn't? @Starbucks @StarbucksStore

Just as a note - I put the Twitter handles for both Starbucks and the Starbucks online store in the title because I also have a link to this blog posted on Twitter.  The feed I use also starts to post part of the title, so I'm hoping the handles show up.

So a few weeks ago I received an email from Starbucks indicating there was a sale on holiday stuff...gift packages, mugs, and even coffees.  I checked out the sale...and I could, indeed get 50% off VIA packs of Peppermint Mocha (my favorite handcrafted drink) and K-cups of either the traditional Holiday Blend or the Blonde roast version of their Holiday Blend.  I purchased 2 boxes of the Peppermint Mocha VIAs and 2 K-Cup boxes of the Blonde Roast Holiday Blend.  (I've become slightly obsessed with our Keurig machine at work.  Plus I like to share the coffee I like, so if I can get a good deal on something like Starbucks I will take it!)  Anyway, my order gets placed.  My card gets charged.  And eventually I get an email letting me know my Peppermint Mocha is on the way.

Maybe a week or so later I get another email saying that my cancelled order of the K-Cups was processed and I would have the money "spent" returned to my card.

What?

I hadn't cancelled any orders.  And every time I checked on the status of the 2 boxes of K-Cups I was told it was being processed.  So I was confused.  Did I cancel the order and not know it?  Did they run out of the product and they actually cancelled the order for me?  Or was it someone spoofing the Starbucks online store to get my information?  I decided to wait it out and see what came with my order of Peppermint Mocha and go from there.

My Peppermint Mocha order arrives, and guess what was also in the box...if you said "the K-cups" or something along those lines, you'd be right.  I've been checking my bank account and I haven't been reimbursed for my purchase of undelivered K-cups (if I was, I'd definitely do something about it!) so as far as I was concerned it was either a spoofing email or they got confused.

Then I get an email asking me to review my purchase.  I haven't tried the K-cups yet, so I wrote a review on the Peppermint Mocha VIA packets.  A very positive review mind you.  I'm told, after submitting the review, that if it fits the guidelines it will be published.  That's fine.  If it gets published, fine.  If not, that's fine with me too.

Today I get an email.  Actually, I get two emails from the Starbucks store.  At the same exact time.  One says my review has been published.  The other says my review can not be published.

Huh???

So did it or didn't it get published?

Turns out it was published.  But how confusing is that?  Getting 2 emails at the same time stating a review had both been and not been published.

The Starbucks Store can do what they want with reviews.  They can publish or not.  It's completely up to them.  I just wish they wouldn't be so confusing by emailing people telling them an order has been cancelled, even though it hasn't...or their review wasn't published when it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment