Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Sometimes I Should Listen to Myself!

Not that I think everything I say or feel or whatever is right.  I just want to say that right off the bat.

But, but sometimes I share my knowledge and experience with others.  When I should also take that into account for myself.

I should come with a warning label.  Here is one.

My Warning Label

Also, oh, maybe a couple years ago my bestie Jess told me about drinking coconut water to help with headaches, especially if they were brought on by dehydration.  Our coconut water of choice is the Vita Coco Pineapple Coconut water.  Whenever Jess tells me she has a headache or that she is dehydrated, I make sure she has coconut water and offer to bring her some if she doesn't.

 So let's fast forward to yesterday.  Or backtrack to yesterday.  Whatever direction you think is best.  I was really pretty thirsty.  I had an evening meeting and ran out of water with about 15 minutes left in the meeting and I was so thirsty!  I had a headache off and on for most of the day, so when I got home, I took something and did drink a lot of water.  I went to bed.  Woke up around 5am, still had a headache, so took more stuff and slept until Sparkle woke me up around 6:50am.  Still had the headache.  Realized, ummm....maybe I needed my coconut water!  Which was at work!

Got to work and then started to drink my coconut water.  And guess what?  My head started to get some relief!

Sometimes I really should listen to myself.

Same goes for needing to take time for myself.  Making sure to not work so hard and so late.  Remembering to rest.  Get out and enjoy the weather.  Take a small walk to break a routine.  Be thankful for the small things in addition to the big things.  Always remember my blessings.  Listen to good music.  Listen to organ music.  Listen and sing along to organ music very LOUDLY.  And most important of all, Thank God every day for waking me up, for getting me through the day, and everything that happens in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment