Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Why Do I Still Do This?

A long time ago (possibly in a galaxy far, far away) I heard it said that, at least for women, if you dress yourself nice or make yourself look nice, it makes you feel better, even if you aren't feeling your best.  So, that might mean wearing a dress.  For me, that means putting on makeup or doing something nice with my hair.

The past few months I found my "Sunday Hair" (nice hair for singing or preaching or otherwise doing something in church) came out best when I did a double-shampoo of my nice scalp treatment shampoo, single time with the conditioner, and then a french braid of my hair while wet (aka Saturday Hair).

Saturday Hair so I can have Sunday Hair

I had been doing a simple braid, but I found I liked the results a bit better with a french braid.  Plus if I went out somewhere afterwards (usually a sunset viewing) it looked a bit nicer.

So, it has been basically a weekly routine when I do this to my hair.  In order to look nice for Sunday.

But this past weekend I found myself doing my weekly routine.  And asking myself "Why am I doing this?  I'm not doing anything special on Sunday!"

Why do I still do stuff like this?

Maybe it goes back to going through the effort in order to look nice helps me feel better.  

Or maybe I just want to look nice on Sundays again.  Though it's funny because the past two Sundays we have been outside, I have been wearing my sunglasses, and I have still gone through the effort to put some eye shadow on.  Haha!

Whatever the reason, I still continue with my Saturday Hair in order to have Sunday Hair.  And on Sunday putting on a bit of eye shadow.  And wonder why I am going through the effort week after week.

No comments:

Post a Comment