Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Extra Butter and Sour Cream

I have always been a fan of the baked potatoes at Wendy's.  In fact, I'd rather a baked potato than their fries.  So, I don't typically get a meal when I go there.  I get something off the value menu and then a baked potato and a drink.  For awhile, before I discovered I liked sour cream, it would just be a plain baked potato with butter.  Now, my default order is a baked potato "with extra butter and sour cream."

One of many variations on "extra butter and sour cream"

The problem is, no Wendy's has figured out when I ask for "extra butter and sour cream" I want EXTRA butter, and a single sour cream.

I've tried stating different variations, "one sour cream and extra butter" or even dealing with getting extra sour cream with saying "extra butter and sour cream" because we can always find a use for the sour cream packets.  There was even the time when I just said "extra butter" because I knew we had sour cream at home.

But this simple phrase has resulted in numerous variations.

2 butters and 2 sour creams (as seen in the picture)
1 butter and 4 sour creams
2 butters and 4 sour creams
1 butter and 1 sour cream
1 butter and 0 sour cream (when I asked for extra butter)

The majority of the time on the receipt I do see the phrase "extra butter" or a listing of multiple butters.  But I still wind up with only 1 or 2.   

So what is the problem with that?  Well, as delicious as the Wendy's potatoes are, 1 or 2 butters is just not enough to make sure a lot of the potato has butter.  I mean, it's just not!  The butters are small.  And while the potatoes aren't huge, there is a lot to them.

I do have hope, however, that some day someone will understand when I say "extra butter" it means more than 1 butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment