Pages

Monday, July 26, 2021

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - My Small Group

For almost a year now I have been part of a small group at PUMC that met on an every other week basis from September through May (either in person or via Zoom).  We've done book studies and books of the Bible studies.  And a few other things in between.  It was great being part of a group and being welcomed in so quickly by everyone.  And now, over half the group (including me) is in choir together too.  

We not only get together to discuss things related to the Bible, but we also get together to share meals too.  This coming week we are having a BBQ and I'm so excited!  Because even though I see my small group family in church, there is just something about just being with our group.

Protect the BBQ Potato Salad at all costs!

Yeah, sorry about that unfortunate shadow of my phone over the photo.  Must be the ceiling light in the kitchen.

Anyway, small group was how I started getting slightly more involved in church.  It was a nice behind-the-scenes way to do more but still enjoy my rest from the view of the pew.

I've mentioned my small group family before, mostly thanking them for making me feel so welcome immediately.  I felt such a connection with everyone, and I am so glad that I was invited to be part of the group.  My small group was a part of my new journey and continues as part of my ongoing journey.  And I am excited about what year 2 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment