Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Are you crazy?

I worked hard from the end of August 2012 to the middle of August 2014 to earn my Master's Degree in Organizational Leadership and Communication. About halfway through my first year I began wondering if maybe I should have made the decision to go with the other Master's Degree option at Marist, Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC).  I was already committed to the program I was in so I decided I would finish that program, wait a year, then apply to the next.

I waited about 3 weeks after receiving the news I had passed my comprehensive exam (a.k.a. the last piece of my Master's program) before deciding to apply to the IMC program to start in Spring 2015.

And I got accepted.

So am I crazy?

Quite possibly.

But I'm also excited to be given the opportunity to learn a lot more about this field that has burst onto the scene.

So I created this blog, which I will hopefully be better about updating, to write about my experience as a second time grad student.  Plus I think I should be more "social" with this new graduate program so I figured it was a good time to start a new blog.  Even if no one else reads the words but me, it will be a great way for me to be able to view my continuing educational journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment