Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

IRB

IRB stands for the Institutional Review Board.  It's basically a board that ensures any research done using people is done properly, ethically, and all that.  Prior to starting my last Master's program, all students had to take an IRB course (online) before we got to our Research Methods class.  While we did not do any actual research, we did have to know about it and be certified in the event that a project would provide us the opportunity to do research.  The certification lasts two years.

Well, my two years is up but for the new program I am taking, I again have "winter homework" of completing IRB training.  Since I was already registered with the site used, I have to take a refresher course, which is nice.  And I'm glad that I saved all my notes from the last time so it's a little easier.

So that is what I will be doing with my lunch breaks for the next couple weeks.

Hopefully the answers will come a little easier this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment