Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

SuperBowl Ads - Optional Discussion for #MaristSM16

So in my class this 8-week session we've been talking about social media and how marketers and public relations folks have to change their way of thinking to reach people.  The "old ways" don't work.  But yet, there are still many brands who pay A LOT of money to play 30-second (or more) spots during the SuperBowl.

I got to thinking about this when I saw this on an entertainment feed I follow and read during my lunch break:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/68490/super-bowl-ads-by-the-numbers/

Is this still using "old ways" to reach people?  Or is it a "new way" because of the innovation and amount of money that go into these ads?

Thoughts?



This post is open for anyone to comment and discuss and should not be considered part of my contribution to the Digital Leadership Experience.  I just wanted a different outlet to post my thoughts, and my blog seemed like the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment