Pages

Monday, September 13, 2021

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - I Shall Not Stress (?)

In my time at PUMC, I have written a sermon and led worship with the assistance of others, I have worked on an entire service including selecting music and prayers and everything in between, and now I'm preparing to lead worship that has been designed by our Pastor, including a sermon that will be recorded ahead of time.  The only thing I have to come up with is a Children's Message, prayers of the people, and a benediction.  And what I'd call transition words as we go from thing to thing.

So, no problem, right?

Sparkle when I'm stressed

I promised someone yesterday that I would not stress.  Because the last time when I did everything for the service, my stress level was apparently quite evident on my face until the service was over.

This is no stress, though, right?

I am trying to not let it show on my face.

But reality is, I don't want to mess things up for my pastor who will be away for a well-deserved weekend of enjoyment.  Or any of the other people who usually do "things" who will also be away for the same weekend of enjoyment.  Or the people who are present at church or will be viewing the service online.  I know whatever happens will happen and there won't be anything I can do about it.

So, right now, I am doing a good job (I hope) of not letting the stress show.  (Maybe?)  And I'm hoping that it stays that way.  I don't want to break my promise to my friend.  So I'm going to try really hard not to stress.  Or at least if I do, that no one can tell I'm stressed!


No comments:

Post a Comment