Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - I guess I am....

 ....losing weight that is.

Results from FeelFit, an app connected with a Bluetooth scale I have

Now, granted that screenshot is a loss in weight over the past 3 years.  When I first got the scale, I started out very regularly checking my weight every morning.  Then the batteries on the scale died so I stopped for awhile.  Then I picked it back up again.  The batteries died again and just last night and this morning I picked it up yet again.

Part of the reason is because I've had a few people over the past couple weeks ask if I had been losing weight.  And I was curious to see if I actually had.  And, while I didn't lose an awful lot since the last time I was regularly weighing myself, I have lost a bit of weight from when I started and have kept it off for the most part.

As you can see, from the point I started a few years ago, I am down 25 pounds.   So, that's a good thing.  It's hard to tell if I have lost some weight more recently.  But, I'm happy that I have kept off some if not most of the weight I lost years ago.

But I have noticed that while there are times when I get very hungry...I am not eating as much as I used to.  Not like I'm starving myself or anything.  When I would go to certain places I would order specific things, and at times it was like a lot of food.  But I am finding now that the amount of food I used to order is too much and I can't finish!  So, that is one way of figuring it out.

Another way seems to be how I look in pictures of myself.  I still have a love/hate relationship with pictures of myself.  But I am getting better about them.  And I have noticed a bit of a difference in the pictures, that compared to several years ago I do look like I have lost weight.  Now, it could have been a difference in the angle or whether I am by myself or with others.  Whatever the reason, I think I see a difference in how I look.  And that's a good thing.

It's not a good thing because I want people to like me for being thinner than I am.  Or because I think that is what people want me to be like.  But because I know it's probably healthier for me in the long run.

So I'll keep doing what I'm doing.  Which, at this point, I'm not really sure what it is.  Whatever it is, it seems to be working for me.  And I guess that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment