Pages

Monday, January 10, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - Bad Weather

Yesterday was cold and rainy and in areas that were not well traveled, it was icy.  Jessica and I went to church, because all the roads we were on were fine.  The only thing all day that wound up being bad was the sidewalk at church, when we left after service.

People were encouraged to stay home, especially since we have options of viewing the service online.  And this includes those of us who were to be part of the service.  But we made it in.  And made it home safely.

But this got me thinking back to other times when weather was bad.  Sometimes we were almost meant to feel bad if we missed church, even if the weather was bad.  "Oh you missed it last week!"  There were other times I almost felt obligated to be there because if I didn't, who would do all the behind-the-scenes stuff?

There were a couple times I had to make the choice of whether to have service or not, because I was going to be the one leading service.  Those are some difficult calls to make.  Especially because I was making them the day before.   And there was always a sense of dread as I looked out the window overnight.  Did it snow yet?  Do we have a lot?  Did I make the wrong choice?

In those cases, I did make the right choice.

I'm sure we are headed for more bad weather decisions.  And I am so glad, right now, that I don't have to make them!  But I am also glad for technology that allows us to be able to still join church even if we do not feel safe leaving our driveways.

After church, in my WINTER jacket!



No comments:

Post a Comment