Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - Match's "Adults Date Better"

It's a new year and I guess that is why Match.com is heavily promoting their site because I'm sure that someone, somewhere told them that in 2022 there are singles out there who made it a resolution to go on more dates or find a relationship or something like that.

Or maybe there is research data to back the fact that every new year people want to start relationships.

Anyway, Match.com has been saying in their ads (that I have seen a lot) "Adults date better."

And it got me thinking.  Last year my wish (that didn't come to fruition) was to go on one good date.  But, I'm 45.  So what is a good date for me?  What do I think constitutes an adult dating "better"?

Sun setting at Marist 1/5/2022

I think what most people expect of a relationship is not what I think dating needs to be like for me now.

I share a sunset picture because that is one thing I'd think would make a good date - just watching the sun set.  It's not always a long activity.  But it is one that brings me peace.  And one I'd be happy to share.

I'm big on communication, but now that can take place in so many ways, text, email, phone, in person, etc.  I feel like I'd be happy using any combination of those to talk about things and even get to know the person.

I am just quite busy with church-type stuff, so I feel like if it doesn't scare someone way, it may be beneficial to someone who is busy with whatever they are busy with, no demands for having to see each other every day.

Match.com may be able to provide adults with ways to date better.  But I think what is best is what will work for the people involved in the relationship.  Maybe heading in without the expectations of what a dating relationship looks like to everyone else is the best approach.

Now to find someone who thinks like me on that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment