Pages

Monday, February 14, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - A New (and not) Experience

Well, I did something new (and not) at church yesterday.  I led Confirmation Class.

Now, I had assisted at Wappingers with Confirmation classes before.  So that part wasn't new.  What was new was working with confirmands that I really did not know because I still feel like I am learning who people are.  And, the material used was new.  There was a lot that was new.

Headed into a New-Yet-Not Experience (2/13/2022)
 

Not that new is bad!  New just means different and though I am not always a fan of breaking out of my shell or box and doing new things I have learned my ongoing journey at PUMC has meant doing a lot of formerly familiar things in a new or different way.  And I have had to adjust.  And become okay with.

I've had to get used to things I was familiar with before but experience now in a new place.  A year ago I gave my first sermon at PUMC. I've been singing in different formations with different people in different spaces for awhile now.  I've been bold and talked to people who I would have never talked to before because of how introverted and shy I am.  I've led different discussions and groups.  I've made a bunch of friends and friends who have become like family.

All things I had to figure out how to do in a setting that became very comfortable to me.  And then in a setting that was new to me.

There are some things that I have done and I will do that will bring me back to memories of times before when I did those things.

But there are also things I'm sure I haven't even thought of that I have never done and I will have the opportunity to do.  That is why this is such an ongoing journey, one mixed with memories and eyes open to the future.

I am so glad for all of it!  And I am so blessed that I can experience it all too!

No comments:

Post a Comment