Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - What to Say Today?

I feel like I am at a loss today for what to write about.

Yet at the same time, I have a lot I want to share.  But am unsure how to word it.  Without giving away all my inner feelings.

Rare snuggles from Sparkle in December, 2021

I wonder if anyone else gets like that.  You have a lot going on in your head and need to get it out...somehow.  But your usual outlet is kind of public.  I suppose I could just write it all out and save it somewhere that only I can see.  Or put it in a journal.  Or something like that.

But that's not what Thursday Thoughts are for!

So what shall I say today?

I shall say that this week in particular, for some reason, my connection with people close to me has become more important.  

I have this calendar on my desk at work that gives quotes or sayings each day to help with staying calm, de-stressed, and less anxious.  The one from the weekend of 2/19 and 2/20 said, "Connect yourself to the people that matter the most to you.  Send a text, a coffee invite, anything!"

And this seems to have really resonated with me.

At least in some cases.

I'm trying to be more responsive on comments in Facebook.  And texting people.  And emailing people.  And I know I have a long ways to go.  But I think as with everything, the more you do it the easier it becomes.

As long as I don't go too far with some people.  And give way to my inner thoughts that I want to scream out but that I'm sure either aren't ready or won't ever be reciprocated.  That continues to be my struggle.



No comments:

Post a Comment