Pages

Monday, August 29, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - The Only Thing I Wanted To Do

Yes, yes, it's been a few weeks. Sorry. Things are busy for me both personally and professionally and I didn't have the energy to write while I was off (went on a long hike) or during my lunch break while at work. But, you know, stuff happens from time to time. And I'll try to be better about getting back on schedule.

So yesterday was Sunday. Yesterday was also my birthday. And there was one thing I wanted to do yesterday. That was go to church.

Me in the car before I left to go to church


The last time I went to church on my birthday was when there was a hurricane coming through the area, so it was a very crazy day. A memorable one, but a crazy one. Yesterday was much less crazy. I got to go to church and take part in soaking prayer, which I am growing to love. And then we had our regular service, which had some really good hymns, a service led by one of our lay leaders (which I always enjoy), and a guest speaker who was great. Oh, and a great postlude.

The rest of the day was quiet for me. 

But I just loved being in the church environment on my birthday. I got so many birthday hugs and wishes. It was the place I wanted to be and needed to be. I love that church can have that effect on me, not just on special days but on every day that I am there.


No comments:

Post a Comment