Pages

Monday, August 1, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - An Impulse Buy

Leaders don't always have it 100% perfect. Just like everyone else, we are all striving towards perfection but it is a daily striving.  Each day is another day to get better what we didn't do as well at the day before.  Or, as I was saying in my sermon yesterday, every day is a new day to become a whole new you.


About a year and a half ago I gave my first message for the young and young at heart where the prompt was to write out a "valentine" (it was Valentine's Day after all) to someone that you had a hard time forgiving.  I did this because there was someone in my past that I was having a difficult time forgiving.

Turns out I still do.

Thus the impulse buy from Target over the weekend.  Because while I know that I should not let this particular situation bother me any more, there is a part of me that still struggles with forgiving this person for what they did.

But why post about this during this series?

Because this is from my past church life.  And as merging is an ongoing journey, so is this particular forgiveness journey I am on. So it seems.

With the time off I have coming up, my hope is to be able to read through this book and maybe, finally, move past what I'm struggling with.  Wouldn't that be nice?  But, at the very least, be able to not let it bother me so much any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment