Pages

Monday, December 5, 2022

Monday Musings - My Photos

All I use is whatever camera is on my phone.  I've tried a few different camera apps from time to time in order to get better photos, but for the most part all the photos I take are from the actual camera on whatever phone I have.

And people compliment me on them all the time.

I'm not sure what I do that is different from anyone else - because everyone else has the same abilities as I do. Sometimes it is the same phone. Sometimes it is a better phone.

Many times I take a photo because the view is so beautiful I can't help myself. And the photo I take just never does the view justice. I can't tell you the number of times I have posted a photo and typed those words or shared a photo with a friend and sent those words. The photo is great in itself, but sometimes what is going on in real life is more beautiful than I can get the photo to express.

But, what happens every so often is that I hold my phone up to take what I think is a nice photo but what comes through the screen is much better than I even thought.

Outside Fellowship Hall at PUMC 12/4/2022

This photo is one of those rare ones. The sun was starting to peek out over the hill there and was shining in the window of our Fellowship Hall at church. It was 7:59am, and I had just a minute to grab it. I picked up my phone, opened the camera, and pointed. And what I saw through the camera lens was so much better than what I saw through the window. You can tell there is a bit of glaring from the window, and you can see one of the lights in the Fellowship Hall in the photo at the top. But the photo itself was more than I was expecting and I am so glad that I took the few seconds to take the photo before our Contemplative Service started.

I still don't know what to do with the compliments I receive from the photos I post and share. I just post and share them because I've taken them and I just want to share them because I like them and I feel like others should see them. I just like to share photos because they are a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment