Pages

Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday Musing - Apple Cider Donuts

A few weeks ago Adams started selling their apple cider donuts in the front of their stores. They are also in the store in the bakery area but there's nothing like the smell of the donuts as you walk in and out of the store.

Bought in mid-September 2024

Now, I don't really like apple cider donuts - no matter where they are from. But there are other people in the house who do like them.

But here's the thing...when the apple cider donuts started getting advertised in the weekly flyer from Adam's, it was Mom's request every week after church that either Jessica or I stop at Adam's to pick up a pack of apple cider donuts for her before bed snack every week.

It was hard buying that first pack of donuts in mid-September. Because of the memory of buying them on a weekly basis for Mom.

But now I seem to be making new memories of why I'm buying the donuts.

Dad likes them as a change of pace for breakfast. Anastasia likes having one every once and awhile (because she prefers the Adam's apple cider donuts over other places). And Alex likes to have one too.

Mom's been gone for 6 months now. A whole half a year. And she was in the hospital and rehab for almost 3 months before that. Sometimes it feels like so long ago as we have kind of come to a new way of things in the house and we seem to have gotten used to not having her at home. But sometimes it still feels so new and I feel like when I come into the house after running out for something that she should still be sitting or laying on the couch when I come home. 

I used to only have to buy one package of donuts per week because Mom would have one a night for 6 nights and that was enough. But now I buy two because they are very popular in the house. So while I still have that memory of buying donuts for Mom on weekly basis I'm creating new memories of buying more donuts for Dad, and Alex, and Anastasia.

And I hope that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment