Pages

Monday, January 18, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - Tech Team (of more than 1!)

 It has been about 6 months since the merger was complete in the sense that we had our closing service at Wappingers and started being officially part of the PUMC church family, whether that meant attending worship in person or online or a combination of both (which I have done).

Before I wanted to be part of a small group...before I was asked to participate in Laity Sunday....before I was asked to sing during worship...before I volunteered to help however I could...before I was asked to light the Advent wreath...before I was asked to chair Church Council I was asked to help learn the live-streaming technology to help out on Sundays.

Because, for the previous two years I had handled the technical stuff (sound and presentation) with the assistance of my sister who says I would just point and tell her what to do (though I feel she did know more than that).  Before that I knew all the technical stuff and would cover when I had to.  So, during the closing service, that was my spot and role and that was noticed, I guess.

After a few weeks in prayer over it, because I really was still in my "I just want to sit back and do nothing but attend worship" phase and wasn't sure that I wanted to get involved so early, I decided to say "Yes" because I thought maybe it would be a good way to "get my feet wet."

A couple weeks ago I was asked if I would come to church to start learning this technology because in an effort to make our streaming better, there was a need for 2 people to run technology instead of just one.  So, now I am part of a team of about 7 people who alternate covering technology week after week.

You heard that right, 7!

1st Official Day Running Tech 1/17/2021

The technology is different from what I had been doing at Wappingers.  But it was great!  Being able to assist in this way, in a sense, is just as important as all the other parts of the service in this time of weekly live-streaming.  So, though I am doing all the other things that I am doing, I am glad that now I am doing this new(ish) thing that was one of the first things I was asked to do upon becoming part of the PUMC church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment