Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - 2021 Adventures!

I knew it was Monday because I returned to work today.  But I forgot it was a Monday when I usually write an entry for this series.  In another month, it will be a year since I started.

So, I have shared this on Facebook, but everyone seems to be choosing a word for the year.  I never really did that before, but I was really moved by the word "HOPE."  There are so many things to hope for in 2021.  But relating it to this blog entry, I am hopeful for my continued growth and involvement at PUMC.

The rock with my Word of 2021.


So, 2021 is going to be bringing quite a few adventures for me at PUMC.  I'm continuing to assist in worship by singing standing socially distant from people.

I'm continuing with my small group.  We just finished our first book and I am looking forward to what we will be doing next!

New things!

I will be getting involved in conversations called "Understanding Strangers," doing a book study of "So You Want To Talk About Race" by Ijeoma Oluo.

I'm learning the live streaming technology so I can assist with that.

Oh, and I am chairing (alone for now) the Church Council.

(Is that it?)

I am so blessed to be so involved with both my online and in person presence.  And I am hopeful for 2021, not just for my participation in these ministries but also for what will come in this new year!

I can say that a year ago, I don't think I was as hopeful that I would feel so connected and have as much hope as I do now.  I think the only thing I was hopeful for was a respite from everything.  But now I have so much more hope.  And I am truly grateful for that.

(Short and sweet today - we will get to more memories next week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment