Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Random Observations from Jenn

So, thanks to my bestie Jess for this idea.  I sent her a text with something very random and funny and she thought I should collect a few of these things and blog about them.  So here is the first ever edition of Random Observations from Jenn.

This is nice, except if I eat it at night. (haha!)


1 - Brushing your hair with a mask on is not a good idea if you want to keep the mask on your face.

2 - It is important to breathe.

3 - Even at 44, you can do things like you did in high school, like nick names for people you want to talk about with your closest friends without everyone knowing who you are talking about.

4 - I seriously can't stand the commercials and emails that try to get you to buy your family members new tech.  If I bought my mom a fancy phone or tablet, she would really be mad!

5 - I used to hate selfies and would only post pictures of myself if someone else, mostly my niece, were in them.  But I seem to be posting selfies more.  Not sure why.

6 - The struggle of my life is 5am.  I constantly wake up during the 5am hour with a song in my head.  It takes me almost an hour to fall asleep, and when I wake, I wake in the midst of the most vivid dreams.

7 - Or I wake at 5am because of the most vivid dreams about people I know and situations wished for but are likely impossible.  Maybe I should be the Impossible Girl.

8 - A public restroom is NOT the place to listen loudly to videos on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, or anywhere else really.

9 - I still do not get why "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music is considered a Christmas song.  If it is because it is a song about favorite things and everyone expects to get those things, that just isn't cool.

10 - Hallmark, I am still waiting for a movie featuring someone who looks like me who finds love.  Doesn't have to be at Christmas.  It can be any time, because you seem to forget the world has people who look like me who don't want to be alone for the rest of their lives.

11 - Dear B.J'.s Wholesale Club, I do not need a receipt that is 1 1/2 feet long (literally)  when I buy a single product.  That seems like overkill to me.

12 - I have heard it said that sometimes dressing up or just going an extra step to look nice will change your outlook for the day and help you feel better.  Not sure if that is the case.  But every so often I take an extra step to put on some eye shadow or even eye liner and I guess I feel better?

13 - Sometimes I get crazy with my shampoo which makes my hair extra fluffy.  In attempts to calm it down, I braid it while wet, which also makes it fluffy.

14 - When you mess up a craft project, you can make it into something else.  Like a coaster, or a nice place to put a phone.

15 -  Sometimes all you need is a good playlist on YouTube that is full of organ music.

16 - When I mess up singing, my default is to sing to the tune I am singing something like, "Yes, I can read music but not at this very moment."  Because, I'm nervous?  Because I think it will be funny?  Your guess is as good as mine.

17 - When I have a breakthrough, it is amazing and exciting.  I feel energized and happy.  But when what I got from the breakthrough starts to fall apart, I get really down on myself.

18 - When I say I will pray for you, I mean I will pray for you.  It is not just something I say to say it.  I actually do it.

19 - I run into church pews when I am emotionally invested in something and not paying attention.  Or just being spastic.

20 - Yes, I am still seasonally confused.



No comments:

Post a Comment