Pages

Monday, November 29, 2021

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - First Day of Advent

For some reason I had a photo chosen for today's entry, but not really a subject I wanted to talk about.

The first snow - 11/28/2021

Then I thought about the photo I wanted to share, the first snow of the season...that also happened on the first Sunday of Advent or the first day of the church liturgical year.  And I said to myself, how appropriate!

Okay, the snow wasn't that significant.  But it was how I liked it.  On the grass.  On the trees.  A bit on the cars.  Some on the driveway.  But the roads were fine.  Nothing that would be too dangerous to drive through.

There is just something special about that first snow, no matter how much it is.  And there is just something special about that first Sunday in Advent, no matter how many times you have experienced it.

Last year my sister and I lit the first candle on the Advent wreath.  This year we watched as Pastor Jody lit the first candle during the Message for the Young and Young at Heart.  Then we sang the Advent Song!  Such a great memory of that song!  But I'm glad we are making new memories with that song.  We, however, missed Come Thou Long Expected Jesus.  So I've been listening to a couple videos with that song on my YouTube playlist to make up for it.

Advent always is a time to think about the birth of Jesus.  There are many things that we hear year after year that may make the experience mundane over the years.  But my hope is that this year I will find something new to cling on to.  The hope of Jesus coming.  

It may not be a secret, but I feel like I have been in a constant state of stress.  I haven't quite figured out why.  Every time I think I have it figured out, something else triggers it.  My hope is that during this time of Advent, looking at it through an ongoing journey lens, that I will find the solution to the stress so that I can enjoy the season and everything it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment