Pages

Monday, November 1, 2021

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - I'm In It Now!

You know how sometimes when you start something, there is always something that you can see as a back door, a way out?

But then there are some things that just solidify your place somewhere?

Me in my new choir robe (10/28/2021)

Trying on and being assigned a choir robe is a solidifying factor that I am in the PUMC Choir.

Not that I was planning to leave or anything!  Because I have found my place in the choir.  I love everything about choir once again.

But, being assigned a robe when we haven't been wearing robes since I started singing kind of says, "You're in it now Jenn!"

Church is my happy place.  Most times if I go into church for something, a book group, a meeting, singing, or some other reason, if I'm feeling poorly I leave feeling better.  Not just uplifted but physically better.  Music is my special happy place and no matter how I am feeling, once I start singing, things change.

Sometimes people may view being totally committed to something a negative thing or something to be afraid of.  But I look my commitment in the eye and I say "I'm glad I'm in it now!"

And, What's Next?

No comments:

Post a Comment