Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Always Music

Yes, yes, I have talked about music before.  But I've been contemplating more about music lately.

Also, I have/had this set of those magnetic words you can create random sentences.  I had bought them for a file cabinet I had and used them for awhile until I really no longer have much access to the metal part of the cabinet.  Though I did just figure out a way to do that.

The other day I was looking at my file cabinet front (that I don't see unless I walk up to it) and found what I had put on there years ago...


I would say, in most cases, that is me today.

You can always tell when I am really bad off.  I won't listen to any music.  At all.  There is always music on in my car, except if I'm at a drive through window because I think it's rude to be playing music while you are trying to order something and then deal with the workers.  I do also turn off (or down) my music when I am at the last leg of a trip to a new place that I am using a map program to get to.  Just so I have better concentration on where I am going.  Because I have been known to be singing along to a song and forget to take a turn I needed to take - and that is to a place I am familiar with!  But if I drive home and there is no music, you know something is wrong.

Similarly you can tell when things are great.  Because the music will be loud and it will be accompanied by me singing along.  Even if there aren't words, I sing the notes played.  Loudly.

Always music.

So much so, that starting in January I will be beginning a new adventure.  Yes, it is educational.  No, it is not another Master's Degree!  It is, however, a Certificate through the Institute for Discipleship run by BeADisciple.com in Music Ministry.  The program is a series of 3 6-week courses (with breaks in between) and then a 12-week practicum, and another break with one final 6-week course so I can add the United Methodist emphasis.  And I am so excited about it!

Always music.

Though there are times when I can't seem to get out of my head, I should always know that music is a great healer.  Those times when I seem to refuse to listen to music because I don't think I should listen to it - I should just listen anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment