Pages

Monday, January 24, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - A PUMC Memory

So often when I talk memories, I think of my time at Wappingers.  But, sometimes things bring me back to my early days at PUMC.  Not that they were that long ago, but this one takes us back to mid-October 2020 and Laity Sunday.

Singing at Laity Sunday 2020

This day was a changing point in my life, not just at church but in my personal life.  It was when my love for music, especially organ music, was re-invigorated probably to a point that some people may find quite annoying.  But it works for me.

The thing that sealed it for me on this day was the postlude, a version of "To God Be The Glory."  It literally made me want to jump out of my seat it made me that happy.

Fast forward to yesterday.  When the song was played again as a postlude.  And the memories of when I heard this the first time came back.  And the feelings.  And there were some tears.  (Happy ones!)

Granted, I did know before the service I was going to hear it.  But, it was almost like hearing it again for the first time but also it had a sense of comfort to it.

It brought back memories of that day when I first heard it and a sense of growth of how far I have come since then, again not just at church but on a personal level too.

Memories do not always have to be from years and years ago.  They can be simple reminders of something in one's more recent past, like this song brought back to me.  I am very glad for the past memories but I'm also glad for these memories too!

No comments:

Post a Comment