Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - Music & Mugs

Everyone knows that I have a slight obsession with music.  Lately it has manifested itself in a lot of classical and organ music.  But, I also do love a good Christmas carol.  Some of those I have various copies played on the organ.  When it comes to the more non-secular songs, there are some I love and some I just really am not a fan of.  I know them.  I can probably sing a lot of the lyrics to them.  I just don't like them.

However, knowing them helped me win a holiday trivia contest our department had.  It was great because it allowed participation from both those on site and those who were remote, like I was.  And while I was falling behind on the general trivia questions, once we got to the music, my score took off!  It took off so much, that I won!

But since I was remote playing and then the holiday came around and then people were encouraged if they could to remote work after the holiday....I didn't get my prize until yesterday.

Trivia Prize!

Now, I have been around Marist for a very, very long time with my 4 years as a full-time student right after high school, then a few months off after I could no longer work until I was hired full-time in November, 1998 and have been around ever since.

However, I have never, ever bought myself a Marist mug.  I had a water bottle many years ago.  I've had shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, sweatpants, and shorts.  I've bought my family shirts and mugs.  But I, myself, have never had a Marist mug.  Until now.

I was so thrilled to get it!  And I can't wait to start using it!  And I'm so glad that I know Christmas songs so well, even the ones I really can't stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment