Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - Braving Cold, Snow, and Ice

It hasn't been quite a year since I started being, well, pretty obsessive with getting pictures of sunsets.  And while it was a weekly occurrence in the summer because the weather was so nice, I soon found myself, even as the days grew colder, still wanting to get out to see the sun set, spend some time by the river, and sometimes exploring.

This past weekend was no exception.  It was the coldest it had been.  We had snow the Friday before, which, was not cleared out except for some small parking areas where I have been going lately.  Which led to my trek, in boots, in snow and ice.

Snow and ice on the trails 1/8/2022

 I also wore a winter coat and had my hat available in case I got too cold.

What was nice, though, was that I found a great spot by the river to watch the sun go down.  But since at first the sun was still shining down and there were no clouds around, it was actually kind of warmish.  But, as soon as the sun went down, you could feel the temperature go down as well.

Normally the ice and snow would have deterred me.  Who would want to walk on that?  There was a time when seeing that would have scared me to move.  And while some parts seemed or looked icier than others, and I did take my time, my hope for finally catching a nice sunset after a couple weeks of nothing pushed me forward.  

And boy did I get my sunset!  And my peace.  At least for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment