Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - Waiting

Last night during a Church Conference-Level meeting, the leader read a devotional with the focus on waiting.  And it got me thinking about waiting.

There are a lot of things we all wait for.  

Anastasia waits for the bus every morning, usually with her mommy (my sister).

I wait at work usually while the K-cup maker makes my morning coffee.

We wait for a microwave to reheat leftovers or make a frozen meal.

People wait at doctor's offices to be called back, to see a nurse, and to see a doctor.

I have to wait for the camera on my phone to take a photo at night, like the photo below:

There's a dipper in the sky! 1/26/2022

 

We wait for our food to arrive at a restaurant or at home from things like Uber Eats.

We wait for meetings to start.

I wait for the one thing my heart most longs for.

There is certainly a lot of waiting in this world.

But in all that waiting, there is God.  God waits with us in all circumstances, when we are hungry, tired, impatient, or just plain waiting.  God is there.  God waits with us.  And God waits for us. 

Waiting is a part of life, but what is great is when there is someone else waiting with us.  It helps the waiting seem a bit easier to bear.  We may have our family waiting with us for something, or friends.  But if there isn't someone there like that, there is always God right there next to us, helping us get through the waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment